THC Vape Pens
What is a THC vape pen?
A THC vape pen is a power source that heats up a vape tank or THC cartridge to produce vapor. They’re rechargeable battery-powered devices that are pocket-sized and cylindrical – hence, the name “pen.” THC Vape pens first hit the cannabis vaping scene around 2011 from companies like Brass Knuckles, Kingpen and Legion then shortly after were popularized by the likes of Dank Vapes, Chronic Carts, TKO carts, Glo Carts and Supreme Carts.
This device revolutionized the cannabis vaping by offering larger battery capacity and longer running times, as well as providing the user with the ability to swap atomizers or vape cartridges. Prior to THC vape pens, e-cigarettes were small self-contained units in the shape and size of a cigarette.
How Do Vape Pens Work?
- Battery: The largest THC vape pen component is the battery which makes up the body of the device. Temperature and wattage controlled devices have circuit boards that can manage the power output of the battery. This gives users a range of wattages, providing a more customized vaping experience. For THC vape pens, batteries are usually built into the device. This is different from other mods, like box mods, in which the battery can be removed and charged separately.
- Atomizer: The atomizer is typically housed within the device’s tank. The atomizer is the component that converts vape juice into vapor. Within the atomizer is a vape coil, surrounded by a wicking material. Vape juice is drawn into the coil through the wicking material, heated, and turned into vapor. Like most devices, the coil will need to be changed frequently, as they will begin to wear out after a couple weeks of usage. Usually, there are air holes on the top or bottom of the vape tank, allowing air to be pulled into the device. Adjustable airflows allow users to customize how much air is allowed to flow through. By closing off the airflow, users can eliminate any air from mixing with the vapor while opening it completely cools the vapor down and provides a more airy hit.
- Mouthpiece: This component makes vaping comfortable by giving you a tip where you can draw vapor from with your mouth. Some devices have a cylindrical mouthpiece that allows maximum vapor to escape into your mouth. Others are indented in the middle to contour to the shape of your lips, providing a comfortable place for your lips to rest while vaping.
Are Vape Pens Right For You?
- Traditional E-cigs: These devices were the original vaping mechanisms. Typically, these devices are thin and cylindrical and often mimic a cigarette in appearance. Due to the familiarity of their shape, they are preferred by some individuals who are transitioning from smoking to vaping. Usually, these devices accept cartridges that must be replaced once exhausted.
- Pod Mods: In some ways, pod mods are like a mix between traditional e-cigs and vape pens. While they are small and discrete, they don’t usually have the pen shape and may come in a variety of different styles. These mods accept pre-filled or refillable “pods”; not having a spin-on cartridge like many e-cig devices and not having a tank like many vape pens. Some vapers prefer pod mods because they are simpler to use and maintain than vape pens, but with much better performance than the traditional e-cig.
- Box Mods: Just like the name suggests, these mods are shaped like a box giving them the space for larger or multiple batteries. As a result, box mods are generally more powerful than vape pens or traditional e-cigs and are more suited to those who prefer larger vape production.
- Mechanical Mods: Veteran vapers who prefer the maximum control over their experience sometimes choose to use a mechanical mod as their primary device. These devices do not have the same regulated safety features as other types of mods and can be dangerous if the user does not take the necessary steps to ensure safe usage.
Choosing A Vape Pen
With hundreds of vape pens on the market, it can be difficult choosing the one that will work best for you. Today, there are vape pens made for all types of vapers – those who want a smoking-like experience, those who prefer power, those who want a large tank, or those who want a small discrete device for stealth vaping.
There are several factors that come into play when considering the best device. Some of these factors include coil resistance, functionality, and design.
- Coil resistance: Atomizers are rated at a specific ohm or resistance level. Sub-ohm vaping, for instance, refers to vaping at a resistance level under 1 ohm. In general, ohm levels in vaping start at around 0.3 ohms and may go up to around 1.5 ohms. The lower the resistance, the higher the vapor production and the more power that will be pulled from the battery. One key to choosing the best vape pen is to know what your preferred vaping experience is. If you prefer a high level of vapor production, choose a device that accepts coils with a lower resistance.
- Functionality: Modern vape pens include a variety of functions and capabilities. Knowing what type of functionality is important to you is critical to choosing the right vape pen device. For example, some vape pens have digital screens that give important information about the device such as battery life, vaping wattage, and etc. Some vape pens have the ability to adjust wattage and temperature, while others do not. Choosing a device that has the right mix of features is important to ensure that you’ll enjoy your vape device for the long term.
- Design: At one point, every e-cig mimicked the look of a cigarette. Today, however, devices come in all types of shapes, colors, and designs – ensuring that you’ll find a device that fits your personality. Some devices even have colored LED lights that allow the device to glow, giving the user an additional opportunity to showcase their personality.
Buying A THC Vape Pen from Vaping Corp
There are many places to buy THC vape pens online, but caution must be taken. Like every huge industry, there are sellers and manufacturers out there that don’t meet their claims. For many popular devices, there are clones being produced in the market that may look almost identical on the outside but be built of inferior and potentially dangerous components.
Here at Vaping Corp, we take your health and safety seriously. Reason why we only sell premium, lab tested THC vape pens and THC vaping products.